Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Collinsville, IL 62234
THRASHER BASEMENT SYSTEMS, INC
WOODS BASEMENT SYSTEMS, INC.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
JOB TITLE: Foreman JOB CLASS: Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Production DATE OF PREPARATION: 11/01/13
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Responsible for overseeing each job to completion. Reviews the job proposal and job site to determine equipment and tools needed, plan time allotment, decide workload for self and installers, and observe and prevent potential safety hazards. Takes responsibility for assembling appropriate tools and equipment, assigning tasks to installers, and moving the job toward completion to ensure efficiency and quality. Keeps in contact with customer to aid in understanding of and satisfaction with job. Responsible for completing and turning in all necessary job paperwork. Supports the management and mission of Woods Basement Systems, Inc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Along with the Co-Foreman, reviews job specifications to determine materials, tools
and equipment needed for the job. Along with Co-Foreman and installer(s), loads the
truck with such materials, tools and equipment. (10%)
2. Along with the Co-Foreman, assesses conditions of the job once on-site. Plans time allotment, tools needed and order of work, and decides workload for self, Co-Forman and installers. Adjusts for conditions, makes changes from original job order, troubleshoots situations, innovates process on the spot in order to complete the job to meet Woods standards and timetables. (10%)
3. Along with the Co-Foreman, (1) assigns tasks of installer(s), (2) motivates and trains installers on proper handling of materials and tools and approved methods of installation of waterproofing and foundation repair, (3) ensures company policies and procedures, as well as safety guidelines, are followed, (4) tracks hours of installers, and (5) moves job progress to completion at a pace to ensure efficiency and quality. (50%)
4. Communicates with the customer throughout the job to aid in understanding and satisfaction of work and installation payment. Ensures that customer is aware of any changes to job before making any such change. Provides customers with required paperwork at job completion. (20%)
5. As requested/needed, communicates with the Production Manager and/or Production Department regarding the job. Ensures all paperwork is done completely and accurately and is given to the proper parties. (10%)
6. Adheres to all policies and procedures – reference Employee Handbook, Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy, HAZCOM Program and Safety Program.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
2. Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (KSAs) and TALENTS:
1. Knowledge of construction or related trades preferred.
2. Skill in operating equipment and/or power tools preferred.
3. Ability to speak and write in English.
4. Ability to see the “big picture,” i.e. total job and break it into steps.
5. Possess talent and personal traits:
- Tactical Planning
- Problem Solving
- Work Organization
- Attention to Detail
- Personal Responsibility
- Customer Service
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or GED preferred;
2. One (1) year experience in construction trades preferred; or,
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
4. Must maintain driving record acceptable to insurance underwriters.
Must be able to see well enough to read job specifications, physical conditions at job site, and results of work completed.
Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone with manager and in person with installers and customers.
Must be able to operate tools and equipment.
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS for Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling:
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 150 pounds of force regularly and/or up to 100 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 50 pounds of force consistently to move objects.