Executive Assistant - Hematology/Oncology
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Executive Assistant – Hematology/Oncology
The Executive Assistant provides advanced administrative support to executive leader(s). Manages complex projects and events. Manages the executive(s) calendar(s) functioning as an extension of the executive(s). Responsible for proactive management of issues with technical and professional responses that accurately represent the executive(s) and the office(s). Manages mid to large scale projects and events. An expert user of systems that may provide problem solving support to leaders and staff. May supervise other administrative professionals. Provides feedback and input to performance of others.
- Provides advanced technical and professional administrative support by prioritizing appointments and meetings, producing documents for leaders based on priorities.
- Assists executives with meeting management. Manages complex calendar reprioritizing appointments as needed to address unfolding developments.
- Manages executive calendar to include time for personal well-being.
- Collaborates with leaders/staff to defines, document and maintain clear, well-defined processes.
- Manages divisional/departmental projects.
- Produces accurate and professional correspondence, reports and presentations that adhere to branding and marketing guidelines.
- Analyzes problems, interprets operational needs, and collaborates with leaders to develop solutions.
- Manages events on and off site. Coordinates logistics for venues, management of vendors, conference room selection, catering, AV, and telecom needs etc. meeting budget and schedule expectations.
- Develops and distributes meeting materials, agendas, and meeting notes.
- Arranges executive’s travel, creates itineraries for client/candidate visits and/or event speakers/participants.
- Practices project management; work task breakdowns, prioritization, scheduling, budgeting and delegating.
- Streamlines office workflows for maximum efficiency of work group or team.
- Assists with budget data maintenance and information distribution among administrators/directors.
- Follows finance protocols and policies accurately to process reimbursements, purchase orders, track invoices and problem solve accounting issues as needed.
- May orient and coach other Administrative Professionals (AP) across the organization and/or lead committees specific to AP work.
- Assists with various other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; 5 years supporting senior leadership and/or faculty required.
- Business or healthcare experience improving work flows in a complex and fast changing environment.
- Expert Outlook Calendar skills to manage multiple Outlook calendars simultaneously.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize work.
- Proven ability to effectively manage self and others through ambiguous situations.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to successfully manage multiple, deadline driven priorities with minimal direction and accuracy.
- Adept in creating complex documents, presentations, spreadsheets, reports, and business correspondence.
- Proactive thinker; ability to anticipate and prepare ahead of need.
- Ability to provide high level of quality customer service to employees, leaders, patients/families and external vendors.
- Project management experience a plus.