Imaging Specialist CT XR
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60611
Imaging Specialist CT XR
General Summary of Position Responsibility: Seeking a Contingent Imaging Specialist CT XR
Primarily performs exams in Computed Tomography (CT) and Radiology (XR). Ensures quality standards are met and promotes continuous quality improvement. Maintains current knowledge of CT and XR technology and equipment as applicable. Demonstrates excellent communication and customer service skills. Acts as a knowledge resource for students, technologists, and others.
Area Specific Job Accountabilities:
- Performs CT and XR imaging procedures according to department standard in a timely and efficient manner.
- Meets age specific competency standards.
- Produces examinations that meet image quality standards. Submits images for physician interpretation.
- Verifies accuracy of: patient demographic information, pertinent clinical diagnosis, and required technical results. Data must be entered accurately and in a timely fashion to provide optimal patient care.
- Verifies all technical data entry components are complete prior to the end of shift.
- Is knowledgeable of process for, and can perform as needed, modality-specific quality control procedures.
- Actively supports organizational changes.
- Adheres to radiation safety procedures as described in the radiation safety program.
- Actively participates in a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. Works closely with nurses and physicians to achieve positive outcomes and optimal patient flow.
- Performs job functions while modeling service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
- Abides by, and maintains a working knowledge of, both institutional policy and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) patient safety goals and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification in CT is required within one year of hire. Certification must be maintained throughout employment.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certification required.
- Minimum of two years radiology, CT, or XR experience required. Current Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) licensure must be kept current and maintained.
- Excellent communication/listening skills, bilingual helpful.
- Ability to make quick, accurate decisions on a daily basis. Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Operates a personal computer, which includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other department specific software as required.
- Maintain and update educational record on an annual basis. Meet all department required competencies.
- Speaks clearly person-to-person and on telephone and records accurate messages. Ability to move up to 20 lbs. on a regular basis. Ability to move patients, and equipment, on a regular basis.