Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Great Lakes, IL 60088
We are people serving people, valuing the talents, uniqueness and potential in each of us.
The scheduled shift for this position would be 6am-2:30pm OR four 10 hour days, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 7-5:30.
Here at Goodwill, we are inspired by people. Goodwill is seeking a dedicated, focused individual for an exciting opportunity as a Vocational Case Manager within our operations at Naval Station Great Lakes. This is a challenging position responsible for providing supportive services to adults with significant disabilities employed by Goodwill Great Lakes under the AbilityOne program (program participants).
This includes assessing disability related barriers to employment success, and providing services to help program participants overcome those obstacles. These services may include, but are not limited to: coaching, training, advocacy, referrals, providing resources, tracking attendance, developing and implementing accommodations, program planning, creating goals, providing representation during corrective actions, case noting, and consulting with internal and external support personnel when appropriate.
A qualified individual will have two years of college education or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 1 year successful work experience in case management or a related field. Must be able to travel to various work sites and have their own vehicle with valid insurance. Is this a great career match with your goals and aspirations? Please click the “Apply” button below to apply online.
Goodwill of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metro Chicago is a people driven organization. As the largest Goodwill in the world, we are 6,000 employees strong and growing. You want more from your work; you want a sense of fulfillment. You want a career with opportunities, not just a job. You want Goodwill, where the power of work can transform your life and the lives of others.
1. Two years of college education or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 1 year experience.
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word) and ability to learn and effectively use various Workforce Development Information systems.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license.
4. Prior experience working with persons with disabilities and disadvantages preferred.
5. Knowledge of job training methods, techniques, and principles preferred.
6. Ability to communicate using sign language preferred.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service. Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive comments.
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional communication through reports, documentation, written and other communications. Listens with interest to what others have to say.
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses to different situations through adapting to the changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on commitments.
PHYSICAL/SENSORY DEMANDS: Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Moves about to accomplish tasks. Worker is subject to weather conditions (hot, humid, dry, cold etc.). Worker is subject to human blood, body fluids or tissue. Repetitive use of hands and feet as needed for job employment support activities. Vision Required while using computer keyboard and working with written and electronic information, travel required.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please call 414-847-4131 or email email@example.com.