Staff Nurse, Cath Lab/EP Lab, Resource
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Highland Park, IL 60035
Staff Nurse, Cath Lab/EP Lab, Resource (69262)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognition-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care-something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We are currently seeking a Staff Nurse for our Cardiac Cath Lab/EP Lab located at Highland Park Hospital in Highland Park, IL. This is a resource position and is limited benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled from 0700-1530, 0800-1630, or 1100-1930 with rotation into on-call responsibilities. We are flexible with shifts/hours- Day shift hours with an optional shift of 1100-1930. This position requires you to float between hospital sites, (Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie). When on-call, you are assigned 2 hospital sites.
In this role, you will:
- Independently provide safe, effective, and compassionate nursing care for patients in the Cardiac Catheterization/Electrophysiology Labs (Cath/EP)
- Utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient plan of care
- Prepare patients for procedures, monitor patient’s condition during the procedure and the recovery period
- Guide and direct assigned unlicensed assistive personnel in delivering interdisciplinary patient care
- Communicate and collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other members of the healthcare team to ensure optimal patient outcomes and continuity of care
- Daily quality rounds on medications and supplies and other equipment as applicable
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current professional nursing licensure in the state of IL required
- Graduate of a NLN accredited school of nursing required; BSN strongly preferred
- BLS/CPR and ACLS certification required
- On call travel to assigned location(s) within 30 minutes of initial page
- Prior Critical Care/Emergency Department and conscious sedation experience highly preferred
- Medical Surgical with telemetry monitoring experience considered
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.