Brand Ambassador - House of Suntory
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has a field based Brand Ambassador- House of Suntory role open in Illinois or Texas.
Brand Ambassador – House of Suntory
Win the hearts and minds of customers and consumers with compelling storytelling about the craft and heritage of the spirits from the House of Suntory including Yamazaki, Hakushu, Hibiki, and Toki whiskies, Roku gin, and Haku vodka ?
- Be the face of the House of Suntory portfolio – exhibit expertise and detailed knowledge of House of Suntory brands; be sought after by trade and media influencers for insight on Japanese culture and Suntory’s company and brand history, production techniques and Japanese spirit category trends
- Deliver industry leading educational seminars – the candidate will continue to uphold the rich tradition of Suntory’s credibility as a leading industry educator and source of truth
- Primary focus in central region with strong emphasis in Chicago, Houston, Austin and Dallas; territory will also include Minneapolis, St Louis and Detroit.
- Support Beam Suntory sales teams achieve their commercial objectives and help develop a deep level of understanding and a ‘fair share’ of hearts and minds for House of Suntory spirits in Japanese Whisky, Gin and Vodka categories
- Provide insights and feedback loop to the advocacy, brand/field marketing and sales teams
- Play an integral role in the business and brand planning cycle with Beam Suntory marketing teams and external agency stakeholders
This is a great opportunity because…
?Join the high performing advocacy team at Beam Suntory and help build our excellence in on-premise
- Represent the House of Suntory in the USA’s most influential markets with an emphasis in the on-premise channel
- Play a pivotal role in our efforts to increase trade and consumer awareness of the House of Suntory in the growing categories of Japanese spirits and help lead demand creation for Toki, Roku and Haku
- Opportunity to work closely with some of the world’s most admired distillers, blenders and most highly admired spirits
Professional individual with at least 5 years’ experience in related field with a strong hospitality and/or sales background, 3+ years of experience within the alcohol industry preferred (strong knowledge of three tier system)
- Excellent spirits knowledge
- Home base location in Illinois or Texas with 40% travel to focus markets outside of home base
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Genuine passion and keen interest in learning more about Japanese culture
- Keen interest and passion in the On Trade and cocktail culture
- Results orientation – track record of achievement and producing results
- Willingness to work in a complex environment with many stakeholders
- Highly collaborative team player who is also self-directed and self-driven
- Creative mindset and is able to think outside the box
- Good organizational skills, including time and budget management
- Preferred College degree
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,?national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation?or veteran status.We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago