Sr Inventory Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Elgin, IL 60120
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Site Inventory Analyst is responsible for optimizing the balance of inventory across the supply chain network to meet and exceed customer and internal business expectations for the allocated portfolio of SKU s for which she/he is accountable. The Site Inventory Analyst acts as the liaison for demand planning and supply planning to ensure their inputs help establish and attain optimal inventory at their respective site(s).
A Site Inventory Analyst is responsible for all aspects of inventory analytics activities for the location for which they are responsible including but not limited to:
- Weekly Reporting of KPI and key activities in Global Inventory Meeting
- Review quarterly E&O reserve files to determine reserve valuation for site or help develop mitigation plans to avoid reserves
- Perform root cause analysis on excess and obsolete material and implement corrective actions within a cross-functional, team oriented environment
- Evaluate stocking levels and identify optimal stocking strategies to align with supply and demand
- Work directly with Demand Planning team to provide inventory analysis as it relates to demand projections
- Review SS levels as demand/supply changes mid cycle
- Analyze data to help determine proper stocking strategy or challenges to demand or supply plan
- Review and challenge current lead time and/or MOQs to ensure they align with the needs of supply chain and validate new change requests.
- Help set inventory turns targets for site and ensure we are meeting or beating those targets consistently
- Strong Excel, Access, and/or SQL analytics background
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drive for results and quality oriented
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to deal with complexity and manage ambiguity
- Pro-active, persuasive and flexible attitude
- Bachelors in Supply Chain or other applicable degree
- 3 or more years supply, production or inventory planning, materials management, and/or inventory analytics experience
- Oracle Value Chain Applications (ASCP) preferred
APICS Certified (CPIM) a plus
REFERRAL PAYMENT PLAN
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or, any other protected characteristic.
IF YOU ARE A CURRENT MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS EMPLOYEE, PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK TO APPLY THROUGH YOUR WORKDAY ACCOUNT.
Employer’s Job# 10513BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.