3rd Shift Entry Level Machine Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carol Stream, IL 60116
NTA Precision Axle, a joint venture of three world class manufacturing companies, is located in Carol Stream, IL. NTA manufactures steel products used for automotive and industrial applications. The majority owner of NTA is NTN, which is one of the worlds premier bearing manufacturers serving the automotive and industrial markets for over 100 years.
JOB TITLE: FINAL TURN OPERATOR
SHIFT: 3RD SHIFT (11 PM 7:30 AM)
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Final Turn Operator is responsible for operating CNC lathe and/or milling machine. Loads and inspects parts, changes offsets and tooling.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Machine Operations Check specs, load/unload production lines
- Utilize measurement tools such as pre-set gauges to verify quality of production.
- Consistently produces high volume of quality parts on two lines.
- Performs 100% visual inspection of parts.
- Make necessary offsets.
- Change/adjust production tooling.
- Complete forms recording production results.
- Daily preventative maintenance, remove and dispose of chips/shavings, replenish fluids/lubricants,
- Comply with ISO 16949 & 14001 requirements, safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas – perform 5S cleaning responsibilities
Three to six months experience operating a CNC lathe and or machining center responsible for loading parts, inspecting parts, changing offsets and tooling.
High school diploma or equivalent required
Must be able to read and interpret piece part drawings and make decisions regarding part quality and offset changes.
Must have experience in machining and using measuring tools such as drop indicators, dial bore gauges, plug gauges, fixture related pin gauges.
Must demonstrate regular and predictable attendance and be able to work overtime and on the weekends as required.
NTA Precision Axle offers a full range of comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid vacation, and tuition reimbursement. NTA Precision Axle is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.
NTN Values a diverse workforce and is an EOE..
Employer’s Job# 795143
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.