Senior Business Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
This position is responsible for providing business analysis and leadership to ensure alignment and integration across functional areas in support of divisional strategies and to ensure consistency and efficiency requiring leadership of major, complex, and strategic cross-divisional and enterprise-wide projects from inception to completion; oversight coordination, and ability to implement projects according to dynamic and critical timelines; oversight of project teams, resources, and budget; and interacting with all levels of management including senior management. Supports the prioritization of divisional activities and tracks progress to goals.
A successful candidate for this role will -
- Independently identify a lack of clarity and present options to address and solve the issue
- Translate technical requirements and communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Autonomously provide project leadership in mitigating risk and managing issues
- Collaborate and influence a diverse group of partners throughout the organization
- Courageously gives and receives feedback
- Bring a spirit of curiosity, enthusiasm and humor to project work
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience in business analysis, process improvement, project management, business operations or relevant health care industry experience
- 3 years of project management experience with large and complex multi-million dollar projects.
- Experience communicating with senior management from multiple divisions.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations.
- Problem resolution experience and skills.
- Negotiations skills.
- Verbal and written communications skills including establishing working relationships across departments, preparing presentations to senior management, and establishing team environment.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects successfully.
- Detail oriented.
- PC proficiency to include MS Office products
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Health insurance or healthcare industry experience
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
BCBSTX complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.