Sr Software Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60654
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a “VEVRAA Federal Contractor” We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans.
Sr Software Engineer
Job ID: 2019-22194
Type: Regular Full-Time
- of Openings: 1
Category: Software Development
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Join the Care Management development team as we transition from ASP.NET web forms running in our data center to ASP.NET Core MVC and the Cloud. We have been the dominant player in our marketspace for 18 years and we are transforming to dominate for decades to come. We have exploited the best that ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server have to offer and are replatforming for continued business growth and the many technological opportunities that Azure has to offer.
We’re are looking for high-energy, seasoned veterans to join our team to propel us forward. You’ll be “in the code” as well as one of the “Sherpas” helping to guide & mold other team members based on your experience. If you work with the Microsoft stack to build high-volume, highly responsive web sites, we want to talk to you. If you have hands-on experience building solutions in Azure, we need to talk to you. If you’re looking to prove your mettle and become an architect, that’s what this development team has always done.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to make a name for yourself adding new capabilities to existing features as they are transitioned to MVC, gain fame as you solve challenges thought to be “impossible” and grow your career learning new solutions and technologies.
- Working closely with Business Analysts and/or product managers to ensure that requirements are understood
- Comparing evolving market requirements to existing designs/features to predict future risk & remediation’s particularly around scalability and system responsiveness
- Working alongside other developers to assist on designs, troubleshooting & knowledge transfer
- Design and coding of features in both the web application and services
- Coding of unit tests to guarantee the correctness of your code
- Coding of SQL stored procedures (the DBAs handle the physical data model)
- Creation of supporting technical and installation artifacts for internal publication
- Driving code reviews to ensure proper use of standard patterns and best practices
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Technical / Business experience
- Experience developing Web Services, Windows Services, n-tier applications and UI design.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM).
- Strong analytical, design and troubleshooting skills and server side debugging skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work closely within a team and collaborate with others.
- Knowledge of MVC 4.0.
- Knowledge of WCF, Ajax, XML, HTML, CSS, LINQ, JSON and jQuery is a plus.
- Hands-on development experience with Azure
- Experience developing for multi-tenant SaaS based solutions.
- Experience in working with offshore/distributed teams.
- Very little or no travel is required in this role
- Monday through Friday or as defined by local requirements
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/7xs7sd5psp2bwv3x