HVAC-Plumbing Field Service Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60646
As a premier HVAC / Plumbing Manufacturers’ Representative Firm, Bornquist Inc. has built dominant brand name recognition for every product that we represent in the Commercial, Industrial, HVAC and Plumbing markets in Northern Illinois. We offer competitive pay, benefits, and a friendly work environment for all employees. We focus on providing the necessary training for all employees to remain up-to-date on all our manufacturers and current technologies.
Many of our employees are heavily involved with local trade associations, such as the American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), American Society of Sanitary Engineering (ASSE), Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) and Chicago Better Heating and Cooling Council (CBHCC).
We believe our employees and customers will recognize us as a leader in our industry and a valuable resource!
We invite you to apply to be a part of our winning team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability / veteran.
Benefits: Company Truck, Company tools, Medical, Dental, Generous Profit Sharing and 401k Program, etc.
HVAC / Plumbing Field Service Technicians will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of all HVAC / Plumbing products sold by Bornquist, Inc. Perform skilled technical work in the maintenance, repair, replacement and start-up of hydronic heating, air conditioning and plumbing equipment, controls, and distribution systems. A Bornquist Technician will be fully trained in all aspects of the products we service, company policies, OSHA safety standards, local regulations pertaining to service work, and other functions as required. All Service Technicians must maintain positive relations with customers and vendors and perform all work in an efficient and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform start-up, diagnose, troubleshoot and repair hydronic heating, air conditioning and plumbing units, including centrifugal pumps, pressure booster systems, boilers, variable frequency drives, cooling towers and related controls.
- Perform scheduled maintenance inspections. Adjust, clean and calibrate various equipment and/or systems to assure proper operation.
- Check distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc.
- Provide technical assistance with the design of hydronic HVAC systems including installation of and modifications to existing systems.
- Assist in training other technicians and staff in preventative maintenance of hydronic HVAC systems.
- Prepare service records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions and communicate same to the customer. Document (make, model, serial number, test measurements, pictures, etc.) all installed equipment as necessary. Submit reports and service tickets in a timely manner.
- Identify and report to customer potential opportunities for additional business, including newer systems, additional services and service contracts.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Participate in company-provided training.
- Provide back-up to other field service personnel, warehouse personnel or pump fabrication personnel as necessary.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- HVAC and related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive any and all vehicles assigned by the Company; maintain a clean driving record.
- Availability to work nights and weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of customers.
- Technical aptitude and a high degree of self-motivation for continuous learning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and general internet functionality required.
- Proficiency utilizing Enterprise software preferred (Prophet 21 by Epicor). Training will be provided.
Other skills required:
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong desire to go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas both written and verbally so that others will understand.
Forklift operation may be required; appropriate training and certification would be provided.
- Frequently required to walk, sit, utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to bend, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl and lift or move up to 75 pounds
Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
Occasionally works around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.