Part Time Retail Banker 42
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carlock, IL 61725
Retail Bankers are the frontline representatives and therefore the face of Heartland Bank and Trust company within the communities we serve. This essential role is responsible for retaining and growing existing customer relationships and developing new ones through a variety of proactive sales and service activities.
All Heartland Bank Retail Bankers are multi-functional, customer-oriented, and ready to meet the retail needs of any Heartland Bank customer to the very best of their ability. Retail Bankers proactively promote all Heartland Bank products and services. They build loyalty, assess needs, and simplify decision-making of Heartland Bank customers by presenting financial solutions that fit their needs in a clear and compelling way. Development in this role is progressive.
Retail Banker I: Possesses excellent customer service skills and is able to master transactional and routine customer service, similar to traditional teller functions. Is able to recognize customer needs and potential relationship building opportunities, May occasionally need assistance with complex issues.
Retail Banker II: In addition to mastering all skills for Retail Banker I, this role expands to include sales and service of all retail deposit products and services. Works independently and needs little assistance.
Retail Banker III: In addition to mastering all skills for a Retail Banker II, this role is proficient in the areas of consumer lending and IRAs. Fully-developed Heartland Bank Retail Bankers are highly-skilled, trusted advisors who are able to respond to transactional, accounts, and consumer lending needs of consumers within their community in a manner that is fully compliant with Heartland Bank policies and industry regulations. Share knowledge and information with other Retail Bankers. Works independently and finds solutions on their own.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform Teller transactions throughout the day, paying specific attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and possible fraud
- Handle large amounts of cash. Pay attention to detail. Count cash, replenish cash and balance transactions, and meet all cash handling policy requirements.
- Promote the use of Tell-a-Friend, using our manual or digital channels.
- Manage the customer experience by assessing the unique needs of each customer
- Plan and manage relationship-building conversations with customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers.
- Facilitate the consumer loan application process to drive new revenue and build customer loyalty and strive to meet all credit needs of the client.
- Refer customers to HBT other business lines to acquire, expand, and retain relationships.
- Adhere to Bank policies and procedures as well as industry regulations.
- Demonstrate the ability to independently make sound decisions based upon Bank policies, knowledge, and experience.
- Manage risk by exercising good judgment and being alert to possible fraud.
- Maintain workstation equipment, ATMs, and other office equipment.
- Assist other branches as needed for staffing, which may include travel.
Essential Job Requirements
All employees must be able to relate well to customers and co-workers in a positive atmosphere of mutual respect without exhibiting behavioral extremes and be able to respond appropriately to direction and constructive criticism from a supervisor
- Provide exceptional customer care in an expedient manner that satisfies individual needs of each customer and builds loyalty to Heartland Bank
- Promote Heartland Bank within the community by consistently speaking highly of the Bank, its leaders, managers, employees and mission
- Maintain confidentiality of all customer and employee information
- Respond positively to feedback and redirection
- Fully utilize the systems, tools, training, and resources provided to maximize potential
- Assist other departments as needed
- Speak English clearly
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- Make calls on customers and non-customers to develop new business and to enhance relationships with existing customers
- Participate in various professional associations (exempt-employees) and community activities to enhance the Bank’s image and to further personal development
Education and Experience Requirements
Associate’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one year experience in Banking and/or Sales/Marketing
- Must comply with all requirements of the SAFE Act and obtain a Unique Identifier from the NMLS
Regularly: standing, talking, hearing, feeling/touching, vision – close, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus
Frequently: walking, lifting objects up to 30 pounds
Occasionally: sitting, climbing and/or balancing, reaching with arms and hands, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling