Associate Director Operational Excellence - Sales Force Lear
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northbrook, IL 60065
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There’s something special about working at Astellas. It’s reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director Operational Excellence – Sales Force Learning and Development opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Associate Director Operational Excellence – Salesforce L&D is responsible for driving operational excellence within Astellas. The role will be responsible for overseeing the improvement of customer engagement as well as be responsible for Learning and development to better train and support teams on our new ways to working.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring Astellas operations are best in class in the industry for sales force excellence through coordinated customer engagement (CE). Early responsibility will include L&D and may grow to include developing an overall CE framework
- Accountable for the development and institutionalization of best practices, L&D of sales force and building capabilities
- Collaborate heavily with commercial division L&D leads and CE leaders to ensure through learning throughout the organization
- Evolve global L&D capabilities to support the commercial strategy
o Create LMS strategy and implement globally
o Facilitate content sharing and sort existing content
o Create and update globalized curriculum and select test content
o Align on trainer standards / process to embed learning
- Enable full L&D measurement operations to track learning impact
- Develop, track and report on key performance indicators (KPIs) for senior management reporting. Work with MI team to develop reporting dash board
- Proactively maintain oversight of other processes in the business, to ensure consistency and alignment across all functional areas and represent the sales function in the development and implementation of sales force excellence
- Responsible for managing assigned budget
- Responsible for recruiting, motivating and managing team
- Reports to Head of Commercial COE
- Peer group: Global Established Products Marketing Lead (Urology &Transplant), Head of Digital, Head of Forecast
- Scope: Xtandi, Mirabegron initially and will expand to all priority products, Global but initially focusing on top 10-12 affiliates
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12+ years experience in sales and/or commercial excellence experience in Pharma industry
- Demonstrated experience in leading enterprise projects is a must
- Demonstrated leadership in a matrix organization, able to motivate and inspire team members to high performance levels
- 3+ years of direct team leadership experience
- Product/Indication launch experience is desirable
- Prior experience in leading or conducting product training is desirable
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with executive leadership to implement team vision
- Extensive knowledge in sales force effectiveness topics and the ability to develop and execute strategic training and development plans
- Intimate knowledge of the relationship between sales, sales leadership, marketing and training
- Versed in in the interaction of multiple channels to effectively engage customers
- Strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively across a global organization, both cross- functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong communicator with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Demonstrated understanding or experience in commercial strategic and/or business planning and governance
- Sales management a plus
- Advanced Degree i.e. MBA
- Background in instructional design strategies and learning techniques.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled