Dean, College of Education
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Charleston, IL 61920
The College of Education invites applications for the position of Dean. The visionary Dean will lead a dynamic, engaged CAEP accredited college and a student-centered faculty committed to excellence. The College is comprised of four academic departments (Teaching, Learning and Foundations; Counseling and Higher Education; Educational Leadership; Special Education) and offers degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level that lead to initial and advanced licensure. Additionally, the College is home to the School of Extended Learning and oversees student teaching and licensure activities.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
• A doctoral degree or equivalent terminal degree with a record of teaching and leadership appropriate for a faculty appointment
• At least three years prior administrative experience as a chairperson, dean or the equivalent in district/senior leadership roles in K-12 environments
• Experience with and commitment to program-specific accreditation
• A commitment to advancing the mission of the college through fundraising and advocacy, expanding external relationships with industry partners and policy makers
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity and advancing inclusive excellence
For questions regarding this search, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Zach Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrolling more than 7800 students, Eastern Illinois University is a regional comprehensive institution offering a diverse array of undergraduate degree programs and more than 30 graduate degree programs, as well as ten post-baccalaureate certificate programs. Eastern has consistently been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the #1 regional comprehensive institution in Illinois. Eastern prepares more undergraduates who go on to earn doctoral degrees than any other master’s college/university in Illinois, according to a recent National Science Foundation (NSF) survey. In addition to ranking first in the state, the NSF survey ranks Eastern in the top five percent nationwide.