On-Call Reference Librarian
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
East Peoria, IL 61635
Provide reference service in the library.
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Research materials and information requested by students, faculty, staff and the community.
2. Instruct patrons in the use of the library materials and computer systems.
3. Handle intralibrary and interlibrary loan procedures.
4. Assemble data for library reports.
5. Open and/or close the library when regular staff members are unable.
6. Knows, understands and acts in accordance with Illinois Central College’s Cougar CARE Principles, including connects with students, owns the situation, uses opportunities to build relationships, goes the extra mile, acts promptly and professionally and remembers to work as a team
7. Perform related duties as required.
Principles and practices of a librarian.
Online computer services and research.
Library equipment maintenance.
Bibliographical control procedures.
Library circulation and cataloging systems.
Reference materials research.
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Assist with library research.
Operate a PC and related software.
Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
Education and/or Experience
Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skill and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
Master’s degree in Library Science. One to three years of direct experience.