Corporate Reputation- Director #191FZ
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Strategic Communications
The Strategic Communications segment of FTI Consulting is one of the world’s most highly regarded communications consultancies with a 30-year track record of designing and executing communications strategies for clients managing financial, regulatory and reputational challenges. The Strategic Communications segment serves as trusted advisors to management teams and Boards of Directors seeking to seize opportunities, manage crises, navigate market disruptions, articulate their brand, stake a competitive position, and preserve their permission to operate. Services of the Strategic Communications segment include financial communications, corporate reputation and public affairs, with specialty offerings that include M&A communications, crisis communications, issues management, litigation communications, corporate governance, shareholder activism, proxy advisory, restructuring communications, employee engagement, change communications, strategy consulting, research, as well as digital and creative communications.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Our Corporate Reputation team is looking for a Director who will take an active role in supporting the day-to-day management of client accounts. FTI Consulting’s Corporate Reputation practice partners with our clients to design and execute multi-stakeholder campaigns that build confidence, enhance positioning and help elicit action among key stakeholder groups. We help organizations define their corporate narrative and use strategic communications to protect and promote their license to operate. A successful Director will be responsible for managing both up and down within account teams to appropriately service client communications. This individual will interact with and provide communications support and counsel to client companies; develop and execute integrated communications strategies to deliver results and meet client expectations; draft a variety of materials for client use; and actively participate in firm development and new business pursuits to help grow the practice.
In this role, the Director will develop knowledge of clients’ objectives and challenges to help the client team design communication strategies and execute program tactics. Responsibilities will include, but
will not be limited to, the following:
• Serve as one of the day-to-day client contacts on accounts; manage the overall quality of work by demonstrating professional and team leadership
• Play a role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive communication programs
• Participate in preparing new business presentations and in some instances pitching potential new clients
• Write and edit a variety of materials (e.g., memos, press releases, presentations, emails, media pitches, web content, social media content, etc.)
• Assist with ongoing program measurement and progress report development
• Assist in successfully growing existing accounts
• Execute communication program activities for a variety of clients simultaneously
• Demonstrate an understanding of client information, including business strategy, services, stakeholders and competitive landscape
• Demonstrate an aptitude for creative thinking and the ability to develop solutions and high-quality work that meets clients’ business and engagement objectives
• Create client-ready deliverables in a timely and efficient manner
• Counsel clients about industry and market developments
• Proactively identify resource needs and work with managers to assign individual responsibilities
• Ability to develop accurate project budgets and support billing procedures to ensure timely and accurate delivery of client invoices
• Maintain solid relationships with clients
• Work with managers to help clients assess their program needs
• Participate in the generation new business proposals and presentations
• Identify emerging opportunities to add more value for the client
• Consistently seek ways to improve client service
• Support the development, production and marketing of thought leadership surrounding emerging trends and issues
• Anticipate potentially difficult situations and be able to evaluate strategies and alternatives with senior management
• Demonstrate a willingness to take responsibility for outcomes and to assist others when needed
• Effectively manage competing demands for time
• Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of firm team members assigned to client projects
• Bachelor’s degree
• 4+ years of previous experience in communications or a related field
• Must have a solid grasp of public relations, including traditional media and digital and social media
• Must possess superior research, writing and editing skills, and excellent verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated development of a professional network and experience with media contacts, database tools and pitching media to secure client coverage
• Experience with ESG/CSR-related initiatives and programs
• Experience with popular blogging tools, publishing software and other social media platforms
• Proven project management skills and the ability to proactively support/counsel key client relationship
• Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to effectively juggle multiple client projects
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented dynamic environment with regular change
• Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Understanding of Associated Press Style Guidelines
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability