IT Support Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Addison, IL 60101
Job ID 2019-1620
- of Openings 1
Job Locations US-IL-Addison
Posted Date 2019-09-13
Category Information Technology
OverviewProvides second level technical support to system users and customer support staff. Handles service requests that have been escalated by the lower tiers. Evaluates user needs, defines technical problems, and developments solutions for the desktop and recommends improvements for related issues. Analyze existing systems and make proactive recommendations for improvements to maintain and enhance overall system performance. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Supports tightly managed IT projects as a lead or resource as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Technical Support Analyst to provide first line support when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required. Responding to all tickets within the defined service level agreements (SLA).
- Provides second tier escalation point, trains or resolves escalated service tickets with Technical Support Analysts.
- Works with clients to evaluate and solve technical problems reported through incoming tickets, calls, walk ups, or via e-mail.
- Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones and related hardware or software, ensuring all is in proper working order.
- Properly document hardware/software failure, repair, installation, and removal in ticketing system.
- Collaborate with server and network teams to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
- Establish and/or maintain accurate documentation for standards and procedures.
- Maintain current upkeep of inventory for all technology assets.
- Prepare, maintain and uphold procedures to monitor, log and report operational statistics.
- Maintain printer, copier and fax machines.
- When necessary, liaise with third party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Coordinate with branch facilities and third parties to test and conduct audio or video conferences.
- Travel to other branch facilities, some overnight travel as necessary.
- Task and Project Management: Applies various project methodologies to prioritize, organize and report to management the status of support projects, tasks and identified opportunities (process, documentation, training, automation, etc.).
- Researches and develops plans to optimize performance, minimize risk, increase productivity or provide improved capabilities of existing tools that can help expand or make support initiatives more efficient and effective (e.g. – automation, process improvements, training, etc.).
- Responsible to facilitate critical business impacting events and provide communication updates to management and business.
- Collaborates with other IT teams to identify new support opportunities and to align support processes (e.g. – ticket management, customer communication, operational monitoring, etc.).
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and change requests as directed.
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Advanced technical knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile computing devices (Android and IOS smart phones, tablets, etc.).
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft OS, image creation and deployment tools.
- Advanced hands on experience with hardware troubleshooting and installation.
- Advanced technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows 7, VPN, TCP/IP, Meraki, and VM-Ware.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office components including Office 365 and admin center.
- Administration of MS Exchange mailboxes and address books.
- Administration of Active Directory services including GPOs, DNS, and DHCP.
- Advanced Knowledge of Symantec Anti-virus.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Primary work is performed in an office environment and server/phone room. Ability to lift 35+lbs and frequently requires crawling under desks to replace cables, install equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Professional customer service skills required.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deliverables.
- High school diploma required, Associates degree or equivalent IT work experience preferred.
- MCSA, MCSE, MCP or a combination and A+ certification required.
- CCNA and N+ certification or equivalent experience desirable but not required.
- 3–5 years of related work experience required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/v2fyqkx4dt5s2zt6