Senior Product Manager - MBA
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northfield, IL 60093
It is a particularly exciting time to be in Product Management at Medline. The healthcare landscape is changing and our customers are looking to us for solutions. As a Sr. Product Manager, you are responsible for driving sales of your product categories. You will collaborate with business units across the organization including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Quality and Finance along with external vendors.
What makes product management different at Medline is your ability to run your product line as if it were your own business. We are inviting MBA graduates to join our Product Management team and fast-track your way into a leadership position at the company. We offer tremendous opportunities for career growth to individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and want to be highly rewarded for their contributions.
With fifty years of consecutive growth, Medline has more than 20,000 employees worldwide and business in more than 90 countries. Recently named one of the nation’s “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” Medline just moved our corporate headquarters to a new, state-of-the-art facility in Northfield, IL, just north of Chicago. To maintain this enviable position and continue our growth, we are looking for new talent and leaders, like you!
- Identify and develop new products and manage each stage of the process through take to market.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans and promotional programs for existing products to include product strategy development, pricing strategy, collateral creation and brand management.
- Review monthly financial performance and determine contributing factors. Offer solutions for detrimental sales or cost trends. Prepare product forecasts to include revenue and expense expectations. Analyze sales trends over time and impact of competitive strategies. Support forecasts and budgets with appropriately detailed marketing plans.
- Work with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Engineering to reduce Cost of Goods by assessing packaging, alternate materials, new sources of material, stocking, make to order, direct to customer shipments, etc.
- Analyze and bid on GPO and/or Integrated Delivery Network contracts for assigned product categories.
- Develop and deliver training materials for internal stakeholders, sales forces and customers. Create sales tools.
- Conduct market research and translate that research into new products, product improvements, or line extensions by providing leadership to a multi-functional team.
- Travel with sales force to support efforts to convert customers to purchase Medline products. Provide timely follow up to sales forces by answering product questions via e-mail and phone.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years experience in marketing, sales, product management or clinical practice in the healthcare industry.
- Experience negotiating with outside vendors and internal resources.
- Experience collecting and analyzing financial data.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).