Director, Health Information Management
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Woodstock, IL 60098
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Director, Health Information Management
Job ID: 2019-26945
- of Openings: 1
The Director of Health Information Management has primary responsibility for the functions of Health Information Management (HIM), which includes: budgeting, monitoring, planning, and directing. The HIM Director is responsible for affecting the ongoing quality and efficiency for all areas and processes of the department. Important factors to the success of this position are strategic planning for process improvement and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with other key leaders, staff, and physicians.
- Departmental oversight of HIM functions and processes at client engagements.
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team at client facilities to develop process improvement plans as necessary and implement processes, technology and procedures to deliver requested outcomes.
- Participate on all applicable committees and professional organizations and maintains personal and professional education and growth. nThrive will reimburse you for one credential due annually.
- Lead the ongoing development, interviewing, hiring and training of the HIM staff.
- Perform corrective actions when necessary.
- Develop strategic/tactical plans for the HIM Department.
- Write and updates policies and procedures as needed.
- Participate in the client referral program with incentive opportunities for cross-selling business in client accounts.
- Ensure compliance with state and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards or another accreditation organization.
- Support nThrive’s Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice.
- Notify management when there is a compliance concern or incident.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information
- Associates Degree in Health Information Management.
- 5+ years of managing or supervising a large team with oversight of their performance management, coaching, counseling, growth, etc..
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills with the ability to facilitate and influence decisions by motivating others to achieve excellence in both the quality of work and their approach to team work.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact patient accounting. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to these guideline and programs.
- Demonstrated success evaluating the workflow of the revenue cycle to ensure continuous improvement and achievement of defined SLAs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office.
- Strong project management skills in managing short-term and long-term project related work.
- Ability to perform VLOOK ups, create formulas, complete pivot tables and graph performance results in MS Excel.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Health Information Management or related Healthcare Field.
- Strong financial acumen; ability to develop budgets, forecast revenue, develop early warning signs and adapt the organization to achieve financial targets.
- Statements regarding minimum proficiencies with specialized knowledge.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/5kgmzprfsbymnjmm