Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we?re out to transform transportation logistics through technology, and our multimillion-dollar commitment to IT underscores its importance to our vision. As the Database Administrator, you will be responsible for troubleshooting problems, implementing solutions and monitoring the effectiveness of the databases that keep XPO running smoothly. If you love a challenge and have a competitive spirit fueled by achievement, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you?ll do on a typical day:
- Design, install, configure, support and manage SQL servers and databases in clustered and standalone environments
- Identify and resolve performance problems within the databases and operating systems
- Work closely with our Development Teams, offering best practices for optimal code development
- Implement database backup and recovery configurations that meet/exceed our customer specifications
- Perform upgrades and patches to SQL server databases?
- Proactively manage database support issues and take corrective actions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you?ll need:
- Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 years of database administration experience with SQL Server (version 2012 minimum)
- An understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Experience with SQL server clustering, availability groups, replication and log shipping
- SSAS, SSIS and SSRS experience
- Expert capabilities in SQL server performance tuning and query
- Experience using monitoring tools and setting proper alerting thresholds
- Strong understanding of relational data modeling
- Expert knowledge in T-SQL
It?d be great if you also have:
- Master?s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Microsoft certifications
- Experience with SQL Server on Linux Operating Systems
- Some experience with versions of SQL Server above version 2012
- Microsoft Azure experience
- OLAP cubes and MDX development experience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ? energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.