RN Adult Critical Care (ICU), Sign on Bonus, Days,
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Rockford, IL 61101
At Mercyhealth, we have a passion for what we do, why we do it, and who we help. We offer a variety of shifts with differentials, competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Ask about the Sign on Bonus for experienced RN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes the nursing process and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members in caring for patients.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques, policies and procedures, standards of care, and State laws/practice act.
- Documents according to standards of care.
- Develops initiates and executes a patient plan of care according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction.
- Participates in department or unit performance improvement activities, may include shared governance.
- Utilizes clinical expertise & guidance to other units/departments in support of the patient’s longitudinal plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in regards to patient safety and patient experience and appropriately escalates to the appropriate chain of command.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
BSN or upon hire BSN completion agreement for enrollment in an accredited BSN Completion Program
- Current IL RN licensure by the IL Dept of Professional Regulation (IDPR)
- Current CPR certification; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within six months of hire.
- Successfully pass EKG test prior to completion of orientation: required within 6 months of hire date:
- National Institute Healthcare Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification: required within 1 year of hire date
EOE&AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Mercy is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under Affirmative Action Plans.