Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Woodstock, IL 60098
Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us — and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen — there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Supervisor
- The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
- This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model in the largest business unit for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title
The CI Supervisor provides a full range of productivity services to Operations and direct cost reduction programs for the facility including leading lean events, developing and measuring facility systems and developing and delivering continuous improvement training programs for the facility. Direction in disciplines of best business practices including, but not limited to, yield improvement, manpower utilization, overhead spend, capital utilization, indirect spend, plant utilization and efficiency, working capital both raw material and finished goods. Key incumbent will work closely with all areas of the plant to drive greater utilization of processes and procedures and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Supports the local Continuous Improvement Manager of the plant in upstream smart ideas/best practice replication. Leads and executes breakthrough and incremental improvement projects in the plant. Responsible for identification of productivity within the facility and drive projects through to completion
- Engages line/process/department personnel in all phases of improvement efforts (including Value Stream Mapping, DMAIC projects, line balancing, creating standard work, and daily work improvements). Develops and applies necessary technical skills to deliver improvement results (such as lean, 6Sigma, etc.)
- Supports plant Continuous Improvement projects. Support the Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale principles, line start-ups and work on minor capital projects primarily CI driven. Supports in the evaluation and implementation of the Ideas and Suggestions process
- In cooperation with conversion colleagues and Business Development Manager, is responsible for the realization of productivity, CI ideas and projects of the section/business unit. Captures and communicates significant learning’s to enable best practices to be utilized
- Coaches, trains, and develops improvement ideas with team members and other plant personnel. Works closely with Operations Management and Human Resources to establish a team culture at the lines. Supports team-building activities of various teams in cooperation with team leader/team-developer
- Maintain appropriate project documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Engineering is preferred; Bachelors level degree is required
- 1-5 years of operations experience in manufacturing is required
- Working knowledge of business principles and practices.
- Green Belt Certification preferred.
- The ability to overcome the inevitable problems and obstacles that surface to meet project timelines and cost initiatives.
- The creativeness not to be bound by past solutions and to think outside the box in order to drive productivity throughout the organization.
- The ability to communicate and deal with a range of responsibilities is critical while managing multiple tasks.
- Presentation Skills
- Mentoring & coaching skills
Location(s)Woodstock Plant*Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity*
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.