Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
University Park, IL 60466
A career at Kentucky Trailer – regardless of the facility or department – starts with commitment. From the executive leadership team through the ranks, associates commit to an ethic of hard work and a mission to produce the highest quality product in the industry.
Kentucky Trailer, in turn commits to harboring a family-friendly environment where associates can excel. This atmosphere of mutual respect allows the individual to thrive, as evidenced by many associates who have made a lifetime career with the company. Associates work alongside the most talented and knowledgeable people in the trailer industry.
Kentucky Trailer believes in strengthening tomorrow’s modern manufacturing leaders. We encourage people of all ages who are wanting to pursue a successful career to contact Kentucky Trailer.
Kentucky Trailer is a Servant Leader Company. We are driven to be the best in the world at design, build and service solutions for specialty trailer, custom transport and mobilized business markets.
The Assembler is responsible for reading prints and using various manufacturing equipment and hand tools to build and attach various parts, materials and equipment to custom trailers according to Customer Specifications. Mechanically inclined: use of hand, air/power tools (drills, impact wrenches, c-clamp and rivet guns) The Assembler will interact with and support other Shop Associates and Subcontractors in the performance of these duties. The Welder will report to the Shop Team Leader and will perform any and all duties as requested. Tack welding and overhead crane knowledge a plus.
- The Associate will work in a safe manner while wearing the appropriate safety equipment and reporting any unsafe condition or act.
- The Associate will be responsible for their area of the Shop for housekeeping and organization and will utilize clean up time assigned at the end of each day to do so.
- The Associate will be on the job as scheduled for start, stop and break times and accurately fill out the proper information on a Job Slip at the end of each day.
- The Associate will conduct themselves according to the Policies of the Company as provided in the Handbook including attendance, smoking, breaks, clean up, vacation, PTO, cell phones, etc.
- Minimum 2 years “stable” work history in Manufacturing/Factory environment
- Detail oriented; strong attention to details
- Experienced w/Electronic and Pneumatic tooling and basic hand tools
- Math Skills: ability to add, multiply, divide
- Computer literate
- Able to read a tape measure
- Able to stand 10hrs/day
- Able to lift up to 50lbs continuously
- Able to perform repetitive tasks; high physical activity
- Able to bend, kneel, stoop, stand, reach, twist, climb and/or crawl
- Able to work in regularly exposed to high noise level, vibration, dust and fumes
- Not afraid of heights.
- Able to communicate (read, write, speak, listen and understand work instructions).
- Pre-employment Screening
Employer’s Job# 264
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.