Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
East Alton, IL 62024
.# of openings1
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. The chemical products produced include chlorine and caustic soda, vinyls, epoxies, chlorinated organics, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester, with its principal manufacturing facilities in East Alton, IL and Oxford, MS, produces and distributes sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components, and industrial cartridges
Olin Corporation’s Winchester Division has an Electrician opportunity at its East Alton, IL facility.
Responsibilities (Not all inclusive)
- Change/Repair lights and fixtures throughout plant.
- Replace sensors/electric eyes and electrical interlocks.
- Responsible for repairing, maintaining electrical panels and components.
- Troubleshooting/Preventative Maintenance.
- Perform quality work in a safe and productive manner.
Requirements (Not all Inclusive)
- Minimum of 5 years recent related heavy industrial/maintenance experience or a 4-year related apprenticeship certification.Recent related experience within a fast-pace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years old.
- Excellent attendance and safety record.
- Individual must be willing to work rotating 3-shifts, straight shifts, weekends, and forced overtime.
- Must follow Work Instructions and Job Safety Practices.
- Experience with AC/DC motors, analog and digital controls, AC inverter drives, solid-state DC drives, instrumentation devices and programmable controls.
- Experience reading electrical schematics required.
- Ability to utilize various hand, electrical, and pneumatic tools.
- Individual must be able to climb ladders, work at heights, in weather elements, and extreme temperatures.
- A complete employment application that explains a detailed work history required.
- Ability to work in a fast pace manufacturing facility required.
- Individual must be multi-tasking, detail-oriented, and have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry 100+ lbs.
- For this position, the starting wage is $34.75 an hour.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.