Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60661
Epstein is an established and well-respected 98 year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with an office in New York, and international locations in Poland and Romania. Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees excellent wages and a competitive benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design delivering “best in class” creative project solutions.
Epstein is seeking a qualified Project Manager with experience working with multi-disciplined engineering, architectural and design/build teams. The Project Manager is the primary client contact and the single point of responsibility for the successful completion of the project. The Project Manager effectively manages and coordinates all project related design activities in a manner that ensures successful project completion through adherence to client expectations, project schedules, budgets and quality objectives.
• Maintain and enhance client relationships
• Deliver strategic and creative project solutions.
• Develop, implement and oversee a project plan for the completion of the scope of work
• Communicate understanding of scope including complex technical items to client, contractors and design team in effective ways for them to understand
• Support and coordinate interface between the design team, as well as sub consultants and/or sub contractors
• Develop and assure design schedules are maintained
• Maintain quality control by inspection of work
• Manage and control project financials to ensure project profitability. Enter and maintain financial information in the PM System. Oversee project invoicing, fee collection, lien waivers, etc.
• Manage/mentor our well-qualified staff
• Act as a technical resource for the staff
• Forecast anticipated staffing resource requirements
• Actively participate in business development activities and presentations
• Prepare, negotiate and finalize contracts for architectural/engineering services
Desired Skills and Experience
• 8-12 years of experience as a Project Manager leading multi-disciplinary design teams
• Experience working on complex commercial projects
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering or Architecture is required
• Licensed as an Engineer or Architect (preferred)
• PMP (Project Management Professional) (preferred)
• Proficient in MS Office and MS Project
• Experience with Revit and Deltek Vision (preferred)
• Knowledge of basic accounting, budgeting, and cost allocation procedures
• Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to work efficiently and independently
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to join a strong, successful and highly respected team. Our organization recognizes and rewards versatile, client focused, employees with excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, genetics, gender identity, transgender status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors. Epstein hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of a person’s qualifications. Epstein is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For more information on our company, please visit us on the internet at www.epsteinglobal.com, and apply online at: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EPSTEIN&cws=1&rid=577