Mechanical Project Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60661
Mechanical Project Engineer
Epstein is an established and well-respected 98 year old Architecture, Engineering and Construction firm. The firm is headquartered in Chicago, with an office in New York, and international locations in Poland and Romania. Our beautiful corporate office is located in Chicago’s West Loop, convenient to transportation. We offer all employees a competitive wage and benefits package. Epstein is proud to be 100% employee owned. Epstein focuses on our community through our emphasis on community service, green initiatives and sustainable design delivering “best in class” creative project solutions.
Epstein is seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to join our MEP engineering team. The Project Engineer is responsible for the planning, control, and integration of engineering activities and the development of project deliverables to insure the success of their project. A fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the discipline, the Project Engineer supports the development of proposals, and ultimately oversees the engineering design process, as well as the coordination of changes to the design and specifications of a project. The individual designs HVAC systems for commercial, institutional, education, hospitality, government, residential, retail and industrial facilities. Strong Industrial project experience is a plus. The Project Engineer communicates with other disciplines to achieve a coordinated design.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• MEP Project Management experience
• 6 – 12 years of successful project experience within a consulting engineering firm
• Proficiency in concept of typical commercial and industrial HVAC systems and experience with performing HVAC load calculations.
• Proven leader of design team. Takes responsible lead in design and detailing of engineering systems
• Understanding of other disciplines and the coordination of the various elements of design between disciplines
• Strong knowledge of the International Code, Chicago Mechanical Code and ASHRAE Design Guidelines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• LEED Accreditation preferred
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Working knowledge of REVIT and discipline specific software packages such as Trane/Trace, Carrier HAP, and eQuest
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to join a strong, successful and highly respected team. Our environment thrives on quality driven, multi-task oriented employees with excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, genetics, gender identity, transgender status, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors. Epstein hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of a person’s qualifications. Epstein is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For more information on our company, please visit us on the internet at www.epsteinglobal.com, and send your resume to: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EPSTEIN&cws=1&rid=576