Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wheeling, IL 60090
Kay and Associates, Inc. is looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician for a client company located in Wheeling, IL. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing jobs involving the service and repair of production machinery and supporting systems, working both independently and on a team. The maintenance technician will be a part of the Process Engineering Team and will report to the Process Engineering Leader.
1st shift: Monday ? Friday 7:00 AM ? 3:00 PM
$20.00 – $25.00 / HR?(DOE)
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and rebuild malfunctioning production machinery, supporting systems (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic), and building structures and communicate actions taken to the rest of the team
- Install, service, maintain, upgrade, and modify machine tools and process equipment.
- Order and return parts for assigned jobs in a timely manner
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance service and recommend countermeasures according to factory guidelines
- Participates in a team while taking on small improvement projects to assist in improving the factory
- Work with Process Engineering and other cross-functional groups to improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime
- Work with Management, Engineering, equipment manufacturers, and other organizations to analyze problems and make recommendations on facility and equipment repairs and improvements
- Follows all aspects of Maintenance Safety protocol (LOTO, 5-S, Arc Flash, etc.), to ensure that the maintenance team operates safely, always leading by example
- Utilize various types of computing systems or electronic/electrical test equipment to test accuracy of electronic/electrical components/systems or to determine accuracy of equipment
- AS Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Technology is preferred.?
- 3+ years of experience maintaining industrial equipment and automation
- 3+ years related electrical and electronic troubleshooting experience
- General knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components; digital circuits, analog circuits, computers, microprocessors, network, and systems
- Knowledge of electrical systems including National Electrical Code, basic relay logic and high voltage systems
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Utilize service information systems and manufacturing systems effectively (MES, Spares Inventory, Issue Tracking)
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required
- Able to work and communicate effectively with a team and outside vendors