Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Itasca, IL 60143
Tower Foreman (28923)
This position is responsible for the daily site construction work efforts assigned to you by leadership.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations at assigned sites.
- Maintain daily paperwork required for the site and the crew.
- Implement and follow through with job instructions provided by leadership.
- Ensure safety and quality control requirements at your sites and with your crew.
- Compile all site-specific closeout documentation for your work effort.
- Upload closeout documentation to customer interfaces.
- Coordinate with customer representative for site related activities and maintain a good working relationship with customer representative.
- Provide leadership, guidance and actively train / promote learning to all crew members.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles in an operational condition at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge.
- Job related certifications
- First Aid, Safety, Rescue, Wiltron, Anritsu, Fiber, PIM, CPR and Connector attachment
- Organizational, computer and communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret site plans, RFDS, construction drawings and SOW.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and comply with company motor vehicle policy.
- If applicable, the ability to maintain FDOT log books
- Training will be provided
- Recognize and provide a safe work site with acceptable quality and efficiency.
- Ability to lead, teach and train proper work and safety procedures.
- Must be able to provide, record and manage paperwork (Excel, Word etc)
- Must be fit and in good physical condition
- Must have the ability to climb towers, be able to pick up 50 lbs., and be cable of working up to 12 hours on occasion.
- Individuals must have a valid driver’s license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
- Must be available to work weekends and/or nights, in extreme weather conditions if necessary, and be willing to travel extensively.
- Must be able to work out of market or away from home as work demands.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
MasTec Network Solutions is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.