Packaging Graphics Project Manager - Onsite
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lisle, IL 60517
Serves as Project Manager for key accounts and may assist junior Project Managers as needed. The purpose of this position is to facilitate jobs in the execution phase of our Client’s production needs. As a key facilitator within the supply chain for packaging artwork issues, you will communicate with design firms, printers, engravers, Sales and Clients to ensure proper printability for packaging. As a key figure within the process, you will help maintain and improve *sgs*co’s relationship with the Client. Your primary concern will be to coordinate packaging production via job instructions and schedules to complete jobs. Within *sgs*co, you will effectively communicate specifications for each piece of packaging artwork on your brands by utilizing our order entry system as well as being a resource for production departments when issues or questions arise. The Project Manager is the primary resource to the Sales, and the key point of contact to the Production Department at *sgs*co. PM must be able to adapt and create a plan when colleagues are absent.
Essential Responsibilities, Accountabilities & Results
- Consult with Client during the artwork development and pre-press execution
- Attend any pre-production meetings (or other meetings), when feasible, per Sales request or request of the Client
- Respond in a timely manner to Clients
- Lead and manage relationships with our Client(s) and internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate artwork issues with the client as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Respond to requests of Client/Sales and others
- Document all critical and pertinent information that may impact quality
- Participate in process improvement efforts and various production meetings to foster a positive creative impact on the business
- Verify technical supplied data is correct to supplied art
- Manage project timelines
- Communicate received and shipped art to Sales and perform user functionality in a Client’s database used for tracking artwork projects
- Understand the Client’s process (deliverables, rework)
- Communicate issues to Management
- Order entry (ensure orders are complete and concise when delivered to production)
- May provide training and guidance to junior Project Managers
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some College/Associate’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience preferred
- Experience in the design, print or production art industry
- Full comprehension in reading work instructions and business memos
- Proofreading skills required
- Ability to work independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical requirements are commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It is the employee’s duty to notify the management of any physical limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Southern Graphic Systems, LLC ("Sgsco ") is an equal opportunity employer. Sgsco will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees