Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Moline, IL 61265
MetroLINK is seeking a dynamic, self- starter to assist the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing, business and public relations plans. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for one of the best transit districts in the nation.
The Intern is expected to perform the following job tasks:
1) Updating and maintaining Metro’s social media presence.
2) Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and public relations.
3) Create comprehensive database of targeted businesses, colleges, universities and community organizations.
4) Attend networking events throughout the community representing MetroLINK; network with others in the community to develop new business opportunities.
5) Arrange and give presentations regarding MetroLINK services to area schools, colleges, and universities.
6) Prepare written narratives regarding information directly related to survey results and other assigned work tasks.
7) Research technical documents and maintain records related to work assignments.
8) Conduct data entry and filing functions.
9) Learn assigned tasks quickly, adhere to prescribed routines, and develop skill in the operation of common office equipment.
10) Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Districts operating policies and procedures.
11) Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
12) Participate in meetings and training sessions as required.