IT Managed Services Intern - Spring Semester
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Oak Brook, IL 60521
SWC Technology Partners, a BDO USA Company, is a growing IT Solutions Provider. We believe that technology drives innovation, but people are what makes it a success. We are committed to creating a work culture where our employees are happy, empowered and excited to come to work every day. Our commitment to each other is why SWC is a recognized leader for our culture, employee satisfaction and career growth opportunities. Our dynamic team is made up of problem-solvers driven by a desire to help customers succeed. We re looking for people who share that same drive and who are looking to combine teamwork with technology to produce amazing results.
This role is responsible for monitoring our central dashboard for alerts and events about the health of our customer s IT environments. The ideal candidate has a general understanding of system and network protocols, configurations, and operations. The ability to manage multiple tasks, communicate effectively, quickly triage and resolve customer issues is required. Previous experience providing Level I support is also a plus.
This is the perfect role for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in Help Desk or Systems/Network Administration. We are seeking candidates graduating May 2020 May 2021 who are able to commit at least 20 hours per week. This internship will begin in January 2020 and last throughout the Spring Semester with the potential to extend past the Spring months based on business needs.
- Must be currently enrolled and attending an accredited college in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA, required
- Basic level experience with Microsoft operating systems and suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), preferred
- Prior experience with help desk ticketing systems and service desk management tools, preferred
- Exposure to help desk processes and procedures with experience with service desk management tools, preferred
- Active Directory, required
- Microsoft Technologies experience, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Candidate must have a strong technical aptitude to learn new technology
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Has a high degree of ethics, professionalism, attentiveness and communication excellence (both verbal and written)
Keywords: Intern, Internship, Service Desk, Help Desk, Entry level, Active Directory, AD, Exchange, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft Office, Remote Support, Support Analyst, Analyst, Entry-Level
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
Employer’s Job# 16235BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.