Staff Nurse, OR, 32hrs, PMs, EH
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Evanston, IL 60201
Staff Nurse, OR, 32hrs, PMs, EH (69253)
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the United States. Headquartered in Evanston, Ill., NorthShore was the first health system in Illinois to achieve Magnet recognition-the highest, most prestigious honor that demonstrates excellence in nursing and high standards in patient care-something only achieved by 6% of hospitals nationwide. The system earned Magnet redesignation in 2015. NorthShore is comprised of four hospitals – Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie. The system includes a 950 physician multispecialty group practice with 130 locations across Chicagoland. When you work for NorthShore, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
We currently seek a Staff Nurse for our Operating Room at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL. This is a full-time (40hrs/wk) position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled on the PM shift (11:00am-7:30pm), with 3-4 on call shifts in a 6-week schedule. This position will require 4 off shifts in a 6-week schedule (nights and weekends).
In this role, you will:
- Provide perioperative nursing care to surgical patient populations and families in the department
- Utilize the nursing process in planning, implementing and evaluating the patient plan of care
- Maintain regulatory compliance in individual practice
- Assume responsibility, accountability and authority for outcomes of nursing care
- Guide and direct assigned unlicensed nursing personnel in delivering patient care
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Current Nursing License in the state of IL required
- BSN degree preferred
- BLS/CPR certification for the Healthcare Provider required
- Operating Room experience preferred
Please explore our website () to better understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission “to preserve and improve human life” through superior clinical care, academic excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.