Senior Consultant, Retail and Consumer Products #191GA
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60601
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients’ success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
ABOUT BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION – TRANSACTION SERVICES:
We advise corporate and financial clients across the deal life cycle, bringing deep deal experience coupled with on-point industry experts to structure, conduct due diligence, integrate, value and communicate around the transaction. Being a public corporation and consulting firm, we are free from audit-based conflicts and restrictions, allowing us to provide a full suite of services, including projected financial information.
About the Opportunity:
Our clients are either Fortune 500 Retail and Consumer Products companies or Top 50 Private Equity and Hedge Funds in the world. This role assists our clients in conducting diligence or capturing deal value across the entire transaction lifecycle, responding to their needs quickly due to the highly competitive auction processes.
The role of the M&A Transaction Senior Consultant in our growing Retail & Consumer Group is to combine industry experience with cross-functional expertise to help identify, quantify and deliver on our client’s deal value proposition.
• Pre-deal and confirmatory due diligence in a wide range of functional areas such as Finance, HR, Information
Technology, and other G&A functions
• Pre-deal and confirmatory due diligence in select operational and supply chain functions such as distribution, warehousing, logistics, and gross margin analysis
• Merger-related activities such integration management, synergy case development and validation, synergy execution and tracking
• Carve-out analysis including assessment of complexity and cost of separation, stand-alone cost development, one-time cost estimation and Transition Service Agreement (TSA) development
• Integration/Separation playbook developments, process mapping, and change management
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics is required
• MBA is preferred
• A minimum of 3+ years of experience in deals related roles
• Prior experience working at a Big 4’s consulting practice or in a New Business Development group for Retail & Consumer companies or has worked at an acquisitive company and was involved in different integration projects
• Ability to travel up to 80%
• Successful candidates will demonstrate proven extensive operational knowledge of the diligence process, pre-deal
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures including pre-deal operations and information technology due diligence, integration planning, separation planning, synergy and cost savings analysis, and/or post-close transformation
• Thorough knowledge of two or more of the following functional areas: Information Technology, Human Resources, Finance, Operations/Supply Chain, and/or Sales and Marketing
• Possess excellent analytical skills including use of Excel and other toolsets
• Strong organizational skills, listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Expertise with creating PowerPoint presentations
Position Classification: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability