Mgr Sr, Content Dev
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Deerfield, IL 60015
Deerfield, IL (FSC)
Deerfield, IL, USA
Content Development includes the development and management of the company’s rich product information, classification taxonomies, standards for content models and metadata schemas. This position is also responsible for the creation and monitoring of standards for quality and completeness required for content output and ensuring that these standards are adhered to. Content Development focuses on understanding the objectives of the Suppliers; mapping the competitive landscape for product categories in order to deliver effective copy, selling points and images; liaising with Category Product Managers, National Accounts managers, Merchandisers, Suppliers and Retailers; and supporting the needs of various channels such as digital syndication and print production.
- Lead a team of direct reports consisting of writers, editors and product specialists that server five or more product categories.
- Develop content and taxonomy strategies, content models, metadata schemas, and definitions for global and category specific content types. Develop taxonomies in conjunction with navigation systems, search mechanisms, search engine optimization, print publishing and interactive rich media applications.
- Create, maintain, and govern the standards for data modeling, taxonomy, and hierarchy for cross-media publishing. Review and update data validations for syndications/publication based on recommendations from internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for maintaining the content quality for 1,000 reseller sites, directly impacting $2B in annual revenue.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of content, database accuracy and integrity of information. This includes new content additions, updates, maintenance, corrections and deletions.
- Support and manage the creation of representative and competitive product content by writers, and the review of that content by editors.
- Ensure that staff resources understand assignments, deliverables and deadlines, and ensure adherence through the project lifecycle.
- Anticipate and escalate any risks or issues that could impair successful project delivery, working with project teams to translate complex and often convoluted business processes into clear maps for continued business process excellence.
- Liaise with the IT group to resolve technical, data flow and data structure issues related to the Supplier Portal or Product Information Management
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments and maintain a priority list of enhancements to the Supplier Portal and Product Information Management system that will help increase productivity of the Content Development Team.
- Responsible for the creation of use cases and documentation related to Content Acquisition Team’s interaction with the Supplier Portal and Product Information Management system.
- Manages people, processes, performance management, compliance activities, and associate development as required by the job.
- Understands and demonstrates Essendant’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators
- Content quality as reflected by the number of reported errors (reduction in) related to digital syndication or print publication.
- Positive, constructive relationships established with Category Product Managers, National Account Managers, Merchandisers and Suppliers,.
- Average lifecycle completion time for product content (by taxonomy).
- Ability to work with the business and technical teams to define business needs and implement solutions that meet business objectives.
- Ability to understand standard ecommerce software system functionalities and how content plays a crucial role.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written communication skills; understands systems process analysis and design.
- Ability to develop, document and maintain data management processes.
- Must be able to clearly articulate business requirements for software systems and work with IT teams to implement correctly.
- Ability to lead a team of independent, intelligent and highly qualified individuals.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to independently diagnose data issues and propose solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and manage conflicting priorities across multiple business units.
- Ability to make decisions independently based on skill-set and knowledge of Essendant’s systems and processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Intermediate to Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Access and Excel and a strong understanding of database organization and management.
- Knowledge/experience with Salsifya strong plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable work experience.
- Experience managing large projects or working on large teams required.
- Management experience required.
- SQL and query knowledge required.
- Experience in a Marketing and e-Commerce environment required.
- Experience with a PIM like Enterworks Enable required.
Bachelors or better
Masters or better
**Required**Experience with a PIM like Enterworks Enable
Experience in a Marketing and e-Commerce environment
SQL and query knowledge
Experience managing large projects or working on large teams
5 years:Applicable work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or © consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: September 16, 2019