Technical Support Consultant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Litchfield, IL 62056
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a “VEVRAA Federal Contractor” We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans.
Technical Support Consultant
Job ID: 2019-22195
Type: Regular Full-Time
- of Openings: 1
Category: Client Service/Support
Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Avenel – An Allscripts Solution – Litchfield, IL
We’re looking for smart people to help us build a revolutionary new take on the EHR. Our premise is simple. Technology should enhance a relationship with patients and help clinicians provide even better care. With our iOS-native, intelligent platform, we’re focused on transforming clinical care. Built in the Azure cloud, Avenel is using bleeding-edge technology to make a real impact on healthcare.
Why work for us? This isn’t your typical corporate job. With the culture of a startup and the security of a publicly traded company, every person plays an integral role in mission-critical work. When you work for us, we’ll help you grow your skills and knowledge while working with the most talented people of your career. We are solution-seekers, community builders, and life-changers.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide higher-level technical support to customers via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., instant message, email). The incumbent will assess the nature of system or service issues and resolves technical or sophisticated support problems through independent judgment and advanced problem solving skills. He or she will also maintain log of system issues and convey customer feedback to product development staff. The incumbent must possess sound knowledge of organization’s products and assist field technicians who are troubleshooting problems or repairing products.
- Interact with customers to help troubleshoot and resolve complex technical product problems or issues
- Diagnose and resolve complex customer questions or problems over the telephone/Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality, and bugs/enhancements
- Track and document inbound support requests and ensure proper notation of customer problems or issues
- Document problems and solutions to train lower-level support on how to properly address customer or product problems
- Communicate with product development department to improve on current design or to identify possible problems with design
- Stay abreast of current technology in products, design changes, and new products offered
- May travel to client site in order to resolve extremely complex customer and product issues
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science/IT or relevant work experience
- Typically requires 2 – 4 years of experience with technical products in a support, development or consultancy environment, of which at least 1 year of experience is in developing or supporting the assigned products and a demonstrated competence in functional or technical components of the assigned products.
- Healthcare IT experience preferred but not required.
- Strong problem-solving ability, customer relations, and follow-up skills are essential for this job.
- Minimal travel may be required for client support and training. None to start, but may evolve into up to 25% travel.
- Able and willing to work on “shifts”(7am – 4pm, 8am-5pm, 9am – 6pm) and to be on an “after hours” beeper rotation every 2-3 wekends.
- This position is based in Litchfield IL. It is not a remote position.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/jfv3bgdhd3gqy4tg