R&D Manager, Product Development - KHI
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Glenview, IL 60025
R&D Manager, Product Development – KHI
Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us — and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen — there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
This is a Research and Development (R&D) role leading short-term projects as well as directing and executing against longer term innovation projects across KHI (Soft Cheese & Process Cheese). Specifically, this role will manage the R&D interests for the major categories of Soft and Process Cheese, in addition to Italian Cheese, and Dairy Proteins. The role will involve the management of at least 1 direct report. The candidate should have technical expertise in Process and/or Soft Cheese, commercialization experience, and a proven record of developing and executing work plans to drive for business results. Ideally, the candidate would have experience in Dairy Science or Food Science with Cheese/Dairy product development experience. Proven communication and teamwork skills are essential in this role, which operates in a dynamic and cross-functional environment.
- Work directly with cross-functional team, plants, and vendors as R&D project leader to execute projects as well as direct project activities for 1 direct report
- Remain connected with and represent KHIs interest on R&D and business initiatives for Cheese that overlap with the Refrigerated and Foodservice business units
- Vet out innovation ideas and drive innovation agenda for Soft & Process Cheese
- Manage 1 direct report supporting the Soft Cheese/Process Cheese/Italian Cheese/Dairy Proteins categories
- Act as technical/commercialization expert to manage/coach/mentor junior developers
- Execute product testing, qualification and commercialization in laboratory and production environments, and guide direct report to do the same
- Translate research findings into meaningful business opportunities and communicate to cross-functional teams
- Assist in evaluation of scoping opportunities
- BS/MS degree in Dairy Science, Food Science or related field
- Seasoned product development experience (preferably with cheese products)
- Experience with ingredient applications & commercialization processes
- Familiarity with customer interactions
- Comfortable working with Manufacturing facilities
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Previous management experience desired, but will train
- Travel approximately 20-25% of time
Location(s)Glenview R&D Center*Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity*
It is the continuing policy of The Kraft Heinz Company to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations.
Final candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship. Exceptions requesting work visa sponsorship will be reviewed on a case to case basis.