Instructional Designer II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60661
Instructional Designer II / 553746
Location: Chicago, IL or San Francisco, or New York, or London
Duration: 6 months with possible extensions
- Take ownership of the strategy for all external education materials to ensure quality deliverables.
- Consult with Curriculum Managers on appropriate learning solutions, conducts needs analysis and develop all support and assessment plans.
- Create learning solutions for web-based learning.
- Collaborate with visual designers and clearly communicate course concepts to support asset creation.
- Be responsible for the final copy within the course, using standards set forth in editorial guidelines.
- Design the course using rapid authoring eLearning tools.
- Project manage every aspect of course creation, setting timelines, and communicating clearly and transparently when there are changes to timelines.
- Mange the relationship and development of content with key Curriculum Managers and SMEs (Subject Matter experts).
- Experience in successfully designing, developing, delivering and improving high-quality learning solutions including web-based learning technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: presents clearly and articulates concepts well to a large audience.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Creative problem-solving skills, strong business acumen, an understanding of group and corporate dynamics.
- Ability to successfully navigate and influence strong personalities within a complex business landscape.
- Possible contract extension based on performance and subject to intake pipeline.
Portfolio or work samples required (please include with resume) – Resumes will not be reviewed without work samples.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Instructional Design
- Experience in successfully designing and delivering high-impact learning solutions
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure
- Comfortable navigating and influencing strong personalities within a complex business landscape
- Demonstrated experience collaborating across a matrixed organization.
- Experience with creating software demos and simulations and writing narrative scripts.
- Graphic design skills (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Video editing skills (Camtasia, Premiere)
- Experience using project management tools
- Experience developing ILT or facilitating
- Assessment or Certification design
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.