Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Mount Vernon, IL 62864
Enter patient data electronically to process changes, denials, and adjustments. Resolve routine patient billing inquires and problems. Follow-up on balances due from insurance companies and patients and log all notes electronically as they pertain to patient accounts.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data entry or interface of patient demographics, procedures and diagnosis.
- Reviews correct coding initiative for bundled charges.
- Answers patient and insurance companies’ phone and correspondence inquiries.
- Collects delinquent accounts.
- Checks all work for accuracy prior to the release of billing and maintain signed copy of daily detailed charge listing.
- Notifies department Team Leader and/or Supervisor of any client concerns or discrepancies.
- Reviews monthly Medicare bulletin and other medical newsletters regarding the specialty of assigned accounts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent