TRUCK DRIVER (1ST SHIFT)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Truck Driver safely performs position specific responsibilities in line with Olympic Steel’s Core Values to ensure the highest level of productivity and quality while adhering to all relevant company policies and procedures. Is a safety leader at all times by personally observing all safety requirements and ensuring compliance from co-workers and visitors. Supports and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and strives to improve safety, quality, and efficiency in all areas of responsibility. Responsible for the safe delivery of Company and customers’ goods via tractor and trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle to and from company-specific locations. Works in complete compliance with all federal and state Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations to execute the various requirements of the position, including laying out, securing and properly covering loads, scale compliance and electronic log maintenance. Prepares, receives and provides appropriate load documentation. Provides assistance with general warehouse duties, as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age as of date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and valid CDL.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience driving a flatbed tractor trailer in the last 5 years.
- Never been convicted for driving with a suspended license.
- No DUI/DWI in the past 5 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 12 months.
- No more than 1 at fault accident in the past 3 years.
- No more than 1 license suspension in the past 5 years (does not include unpaid ticket, failure to appear, proof of financial stability and child support).
- No more than 5 convictions of defective equipment, oversize, overweight, log book (non-moving violations) in the past 5 years (log book violations must be reviewed).
No more than zero occurrences in the following areas:
- Speeding violations more than 15 MPH in a CMV; Personal vehicles must be reviewed.
- Convictions of fleeing or eluding police.
- Convictions of leaving the scene of an accident.
- Chemical test refusals in the past.
- Reckless or careless convictions in a CMV in the past 5 years.
- Reckless or careless convictions in a personal vehicle in the past 5 years.
- License suspensions in the past 3 years (excludes unpaid ticket, failure to appear, proof if financial stability and child support).
- Convictions of homicide or manslaughter involving a vehicle.
- Convictions of false report to police department.
- Convictions of open alcohol in the vehicle in the past 5 years.