Senior FP&A Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
Logistics done differently.
Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 out of the top 50 logistics companies in North America, and Forbes named us one of America?s best employers. We?re always looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Senior Analyst of FP&A, you will be responsible for supporting the business unit by preparing financial reports, analyses and forecasts, as well as working with key stakeholders to achieve objectives. In this role, you?ll be able to positively affect XPO?s future through advice and counsel while creating long-term success for the company and your career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you?ll do on a typical day:
- Generate, maintain and ensure accuracy of financial and operational scorecards for various lines of business as part of the financial review process; determine key drivers of over/under performance
- Serve as functional owner of the Business Intelligence environment that will provide key decision makers with visibility to the financial performance of their business and other operational KPIs
- Coordinate with IT and functional business owners to develop a database capable of producing required data and KPIs
- Facilitate volume, revenue, operating expense and EBITDA forecasting and budgeting, ensuring it reflects current trends and known discrete items
- Assist in the preparation of Monthly Operating Reviews by preparing schedules and presentations for senior management that clearly communicate operational and financial performance, and issues requiring intervention, their status and suggested solutions
- Complete ad hoc reporting to support multiple stakeholders in a cross-functional matrix environment, balancing their needs and perspectives to maximize the company?s interests
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you?ll need:
- Bachelor?s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2 years of related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; ability to create complex formulas in Excel
It?d be great if you also have:
- 3 years of related experience including budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to quickly learn and achieve proficiency in new software applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Strong ability to develop insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of the results; able to produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- Ability to utilize a variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes or cultures
- Self-motivated work style; able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ? energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.