Customer Care Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Northbrook, IL 60062
Customer Care Specialists are the ‘human voice’ of OpticsPlanet. The position exists to optimize sales and profit margins by assisting customers in navigating our web-site, overcoming procedural impediments and generally making it as easy as possible to do business with us. Specialists use their product knowledge, communications and interpersonal skills to build current value by closing sales, but also maximize future value by fostering a trusting relationship between us and the customer.
When it comes to high-performance technical gear, the most discerning customers choose OpticsPlanet for our unmatched value proposition of great prices, free shipping on most orders, the widest selection (over 1 million products) and excellent customer service (rated A+ by the BBB!) We’re proud of all that – and what makes it possible is that the most talented professionals in the Chicago area choose to work at OpticsPlanet.
OpticsPlanet is a leading internet retailer devoted to the passions and professions of our customers. From hunting or sports shooting to service in the military or law enforcement, we are a destination for millions of people each month. For over fifteen years, we’ve built a cutting-edge platform that powers ecommerce heavyweights such as OpticsPlanet.com and Dvor.com. We are experiencing a new phase of explosive growth and opportunity, and that means adding more talented and passionate individuals to our existing diverse and professional team. Our casual, fast-paced environment has seen us recognized as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” by the Chicago Tribune! In addition to a challenging position, employees at all levels can find extensive opportunities for advancement and career growth, and full-time employees enjoy a popular set of benefits and perks. OpticsPlanet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Answer incoming telephone and email inquiries from prospective and existing customers
• Initiate and close sales and convert on-hold orders to active sales
• Check order status for customers
• Answer product questions
• Make product recommendations
• Inform customers of current promotions or special sales
• Make discount decisions within corporate guidelines
• Answer questions about the Company and its policies
• Distribute incoming emails to appropriate departments i.e. Purchasing, Marketing,
Technical and Volume Sales
• Be familiar with and able to answer questions about the company and its policies
• Be familiar with and able to refer customers to the appropriate informational pages
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
Qualifications, Skills & Requirements
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent minimum education
• Must type at least 40 words per minute with 95% accuracy or better
• Minimum of 2 years combined experience in retail, technical sales, mail order, Internet sales, Call Center, or Customer Service related position
• Knowledge of Sales and Customer Service principles, including customer needs assessment, quality standards of service, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling technical products and services is a big advantage
• Excellent Customer Service skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to handle phone calls and email
• Ability to listen and understand as well as communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing
• Knowledge of MS Office applications (such as MS Word, MS Excel), email programs, and Internet browsers
• Knowledge of online Internet forums, chat, and Internet community etiquette is beneficial
• Excellent written communications skills including spelling, grammar and vocabulary
• Outdoor, Hunting, or Shooting Experience is a Plus.
• Exemplary punctuality and attendance is required for this position. Due to the seasonal nature of our business, all employees will be expected to work additional hours, including overtime, during November and December on as needed basis.
• Specialists require patience, empathy and friendliness in dealing with customers.
• Specialists must have the willingness to see customer issues through to resolution.
• Return calls and answer e-mails.