Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Naperville, IL 60540
Client Position Title: IT Software QA Advisor
Position Number: 324536
Location: Naperville, IL 60540
Desired Skill Set:
Quality Assurance, Project Management, Claims, Analytical Skills
Position Description:C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Job Title: IT Software QA Advisor
Location: Naperville, IL
Duration: 24 Months
• To design, develop, maintain, test and debug tests for software and applications; to determine the compatibility and impact of new programs on existing system tests and test plans; to develop expertise in and assume responsibility for one or more specific system functions; to formulate/define system scope and objectives; to devise or modify tests to verify implementation of complex problems; to assume responsibility for project completion; and to provide guidance and training to Quality Assurance Analyst I colleagues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Becomes familiar with all aspects of the application including reports, parameters, claims management, intake services, carrier/client interfaces and vendor/business partner interfaces.
• Assumes responsibility and develops expertise for a specific area of functionality of the application.
• Defines and establishes quality assurance procedures, standards, metrics reporting and auditing.
• Analyzes user needs as required; leads in the design of tests to verify that end user needs have been met.
• Develops and maintains software test scripts and test plans to verify systems meet the specifications outlines in data processing requests.
• Assesses requirements of insurance carriers and regulatory groups; leads in the design and development of tests to verify system software meets those requirements.
• Tests and verifies software; assists in testing projects for members of the programming staff.
• Prepares documentation for assigned projects and follows software release procedures.
• Assists in the professional growth of Quality Assurance Analyst I colleagues.
• Follows pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development of tests and test plans.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current quality assurance tools and other technology advances.
• Delivers and maintains the highest quality of customer services to our clients.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of client/server applications and claims management systems
• Excellent project management skills
• High level of self-motivation
• Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Leadership skills
• Analytical and interpretive skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
• Seven (7) years of information technology/computer science experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including four (4) years of testing/quality assurance experience with two (2) years specialized experience with emphasis on interpreting user requirements, and development of business application tests required. Insurance industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor’’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)