Switchboard Operator - Guest Services, Casual, Rotating
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntley, IL 60142
The SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR position reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Provides switchboard operations for Northwestern Medicine and sometimes provides guest services functions as well.
- Answers, screens and directs all internal and external phone calls. * Ensures the conveyance console and Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) are operational and reports repair issues to Information Services. * Pages personnel over the intercom system or by pocket and/or radio pagers, as requested. * Communicates with Safety team and Engineering department during any emergency calls and/or fire alerts via two-way radio and follows up with written documentation. * Informs individuals in the hospital of fire drills, disaster drills and other hospital issues by making overhead announcements as directed per policy or by security or safety officer * Provides project support to the department as assigned by supervisor * Welcomes all visitors, vendors and business partners and directs them to the proper location. * Supervises and provides guidance to volunteers in assisting visitors, vendors and business partners. * Assures that policies and procedures related to visiting hours/visitation and safety are enforced * Updates inpatient phone list and maintains room and ext. list * Provides visitors with wheelchairs, escort or general information as needed. * Provides vending machine refunds
- Received floral deliveries and assures they are delivered to proper person. * Provides patient room # s to ambulance/medicar drivers as needed. * Assures front desk and lobby areas remain clean, net and organized * Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Computer experience in a Windows environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work independently
- Ability to interface with a variety of people and provide the highest level of customer service
- Previous switchboard experience
- 0-2 years of experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation.
Employer’s Job# 0060190
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.