Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Carpentersville, IL 60110
OTTO – designed, manufactured and precision tested, right here in the USA.
Our Line Supervisor manages the operators who perform the assembly on complex and/or highly repetitive types of products. Responsible for the output and quality of his or her assigned line.
Specifically, the Line Supervisor will:
• Communicate instructions or work specifications from Supervisor/Manager to line employees.
• Motivate workers to meet quality standards, production process standards, and ISO 9001 procedures.
• Continually monitor and maintain 100% labor efficiency.
• Insure proper training, and cross training of operators.
• Manage the line so as to minimize rework.
• Manage the inventory and control scrap.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work environment.
• Manage the SPC and data collection efforts.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Communicate to both management and operator.
• Conduct annual performance appraisals.
• Require the ability to support multiple projects.
• Keep production schedule current and communicate component shortages, finished products and work order issues to your manager and the materials group.
• Required to diagnosis and correct problems.
• Ability to understand and run the line, to current production philosophies such as continuous flow and lean manufacturing.
• Ability to suggest and implement ideas to improve line flow and setup.
• Supervise the line to achieve production schedules with the goal to meet the customer request date.
• Assist with other related duties as required or assigned.