Senior Business Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Aurora, IL 60502
Logistics done differently.
Are you ready to grow your career with a rapidly expanding global company? Fortune Magazine named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and we are on Forbes’ list as one of America?s best employers. As the Senior Business Engineer, you will support business partners through modeling, reporting, performing analyses and implementing process improvements. You?ll generate, maintain and ensure the accuracy of Business Intelligence (BI) for various lines of business as part of the overall Enterprise Business Analytics dashboards. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we’ll give you the tools to develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.?
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.?
What you?ll do on a typical day:
- Lead development optimization for reporting tools through modeling, simulation and analysis; build reporting and BI tools in a Microsoft SQL Server environment, including SQL Server Analysis Services
- Implement and review ETL processes using Microsoft SSIS
- Design and implement data models and solicit feedback on operational impact
- Provide key decision makers with the real-time capability to view the financial performance of their business and other critical metrics; ensure the user interface for PowerBI, system communication, design and implementation are on target and supporting the business
- Review and recommend changes for the operational feasibility of BI and reporting tools by evaluating analyses, requirements, system constraints, solutions development and proposed solutions
- Utilize tools like MatLab, Python or R statistical packages to drive forward-looking projections; use data science techniques to identify patterns/seasonality and correlations with leading indicators to predict future performance
- Define and drive the back-testing process within specific defined risk tolerance levels to ensure accuracy; build projection models to exist in the PowerBI environment with dynamic adjustment capabilities to manipulate baseline assumptions
- Build and maintain rolling trend reports with various trailing day averages; ensure data accuracy across all platforms due to the complexity of the data from various resources, so that every business user sees the same results
- Support key business partners with performing process improvements, modeling, reporting and analysis; understand current technology stack and solution capabilities to apply process enhancements to current manual processes
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you?ll need:
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Analytics, Finance or a STEM field
- Some background education in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5 years of development experience with SQL Server
- 3 years of experience in SQL Server performance tuning and query monitoring, and SQL Server administration in a clustered environment with replication
- Advanced experience in relational data modeling, T-SQL and SSIS
- Exposure to Microsoft SSAS and data warehouse design
It?d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor?s or Master?s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 3 years of BI experience, with some exposure to finance-related needs
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources; ability to develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ? energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.