Mechanical Engineering Intern
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hanover Park, IL 60133
The Mechanical Engineering Intern/Co-op is responsible for the design, validation testing and launch of new products and sustaining engineering activities for existing products within the Product Development Engineering Group. The Product Development Engineering Group supports Product Management, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing throughout the product development and implementation process. This position is involved in all project development activities including: ideation, concept design, prototype testing, market research, detailed design, cost analysis, tooling, product validation, manufacturing process development and product launch. The Mechanical Engineering Intern/Co-op works with department managers, engineers, designers, laboratory technicians, model makers, tool makers and service technicians to ensure that projects and programs are being completed in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- New Product Development project work: designing, modeling, drafting, prototyping and testing new designs. Facilitate the release of parts & systems through Engineering Change Notice (ECN) & Part Qualification (PPAP) processes.
- Support of existing products: respond to internal and external customer requests for engineering evaluation of design-related issues. Test, modify and release designs through ECN and PPAP processes.
- Product reliability testing: work with internal water labs to execute product reliability testing.
Pursuing a 4 year degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Engineering, Business, or other related engineering field.
JOB REQUIREMENTS * Skill in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Basic knowledge of drafting principles, CAD, solid modeling, material properties, prototyping techniques, electromechanical mechanisms are preferred.
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete projects on schedule and on budget.
- Analyze, organize, and problem solve frequently and efficiently
- Ability to communicate status and actions effectively
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS SPECIFIC TO THIS POSITION:
Walking, standing, bending, lifting up to 50lbs, use of a computer, typing and ability to speak English.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
Employer’s Job# R2840
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.