Quality Specialist - Afternoon Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Romeoville, IL 60446
Afternoon Shift, Monday – Friday, 12:00pm -8:30pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Quality Specialist, you will perform audits and report on quality levels of inbound finished goods shipping from the facility. You?ll ensure quality checks are completed on specified quantities of inbound units, as well as on outbound Full Truckload (FT) and Less-than-Truckload (LTL) shipments. If you?re looking for a great opportunity with a rapidly growing global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you?ll do on a typical day:
- Perform detailed audits on products using various engineering and audit plans
- Conduct audits and report on quality levels/details of inbound samples and outbound loads in route to customers
- Prepare and distribute audit reports for all selected shipments
- Provide coverage of quality department, which may include availability to work extended hours with short notice
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you?ll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent?
- 2 years of experience in a quality role?
- Experience with the manufacture and quality elements of various HVAC products?
- Basic computer skills and an understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties
It?d be great if you also have:
- Some college or an equivalent combination of education and experience?
- Experience using quality control procedures and parameters?
- Experience using miscellaneous tools, such as torque wrenches, tension meters and other hand tools
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ? energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.