Life Sciences Technical Client Manager - 046211
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lincolnshire, IL 60061
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 95,000 employees in 130 countries, and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Life Sciences Services (LSS) from SGS – optimize your development timelines to get medicines and medical devices to market quickly and safely. As a result, we are often a preferred partner for the top 20 pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
The Technical Client Manager gives clients technical support and advice where needed to maintain high customer satisfaction. In collaboration with Sales, act as a liaison between select major clients and the laboratory as follows: Prepare and submit responses to all Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and complex quotes, collaborate with clients and department heads to prepare project plans, assist in preparing protocols and project reports as needed, provide status updates of ongoing projects, monitor SGS activities against quote scope, schedule teleconferences and face to face meetings as needed, run meetings, generate agendas and meeting minutes while tracking action items.
- For non-price list / protocol jobs support sales to understand the needs of the client to determine and produce a client acceptable proposal.
- Respond to inquiries (phone, Web, e-mail) on complex jobs; provide information to clients.
- In conjunction with Sales, ensure an approved CDA is in place.
- Assist with the contract review process.
- Work with operations and sales to scope and prepare client proposals for complex jobs and forward these proposals to appropriate sales staff.
- For repeat customers, all proposals will be prepared and sent directly to customer and Sales and followed up on by the TCM within 48 hours.
- For new customers, or new services, proposals values of less than $10k are to be forwarded directly to customers and Sales, and the TCM’s will be responsible for follow up on all of these proposals with the goal of converting these to contracts. Proposal values of great than $10k are to be forwarded to Sales (to send to the customer). Sales will follow up on these proposals.
- Upon receipt of signed quote or contract, ensure the contract review procedure is followed.
- Take part in the client kick-off meeting with the goal of taking over the project management of the identified client and job.
- Identify if any protocols need to be developed and ensure that the correct protocols and developed and approved.
- Understand the needs of the client and communicate this information to operational staff.
- Assist in all daily client interactions regarding project requirements and activities.
- Track status of assigned projects from sample receipt to final report.
- Act as the voice-of-the-customer within SGS.
- Communicate with the department heads to discuss performance, successes, concerns and challenges in meeting due dates.
- Review technical data, documents, and proposals as required.
- Ensure that all client requests for information pertaining to analytical testing are met in a timely and effective manner.
Education, Required Skills & Competencies:
- Degree in Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry or related science
- 5 – 10 years of experience working as a senior scientist in a lab environment or PhD with 3 – 5 years of experience working in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a customer/client service contact position – preferred.
- Knowledge Regulatory Affairs and Pharmaceutical development with emphasis on CMC.
- Several years of experience in the area of pharmaceutical analysis and project management.
- Strong negotiation, communication, customer relation, and interpersonal skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.