Air Quality Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60664
Air Quality Specialist
As an Air Quality Specialist, you will have the opportunity to lead the development and implementation of environmental compliance and management solutions for our clients\. Each day, as part of our Chicago Environmental Compliance team you will be the face of JACOBS Engineering, Inc\. as you support multi\-discipline teams of client and consulting staff\. You should be a self\-motivated professional with 8\-10 years of demonstrated experience in environmental compliance, permitting and project management\. Successful candidates will have experience in the Chemicals Manufacturing industry, implementing major environmental air regulations under the Clean Air Act\. Emphasis will be on experience with MACT and NESHAP and Illinois/Indiana equivalent regulations\. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you\. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress\.
Our Air Quality Specialists:
- Have specific knowledge or experience in the following air compliance areas: NSPS, NESHAP, MACT with a focus on stationary source permitting support, estimating emissions, Title V reporting, air permitting, development of source category specific emission factors, emission reporting for various federal and commercial facilities\.
- Support the delivery of projects involving compliance assurance strategies, implementation of compliance controls and programs, permitting, and design of associated work processes such as tools and training
- Possess a strong background in operational compliance, including understanding of air sources, air pollution control technologies, and interaction with facility functions such as operations, maintenance, instrumentation and engineering, process safety, etc\.
- Provide attention to detail when making technical evaluations, reviewing reports or writing proposals
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to deliver high quality air compliance advice, project outcomes, and deliverables to clients, regulatory agencies, and internal team members\.
- Possess understanding of the implications of environmental regulations including compliance risks and enforcement negotiation
- Demonstrate client service skills, including ability to support environmental air compliance/permitting projects at client sites and internally within other lines of businesses within Jacobs
- Possess strong business acumen that is applied in all aspects of project execution and client interactions
- Enjoy mentoring junior staff in environmental compliance technical expertise, environmental consulting, and client interactions/relationships for career development and department growth
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of JACOBS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil, Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Science from a U\.S\. accredited college or university\.
- 8\-10 years combined experience within industry and environmental consulting
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state \(specifically Illinois/Indiana\) environmental air regulations and some understanding of other environmental regulations
- This position is for the Chicago office
- Ability to travel up to 25% time may be required
- Engineering degree with environmental coursework
- Master of Science degree
- Chemical Manufacturing Experience
- Steel Manufacturing experience a plus
- IL PE
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law\. Jacobs is a background screening, drug\-free workplace\.
Primary Location United States\-Illinois\-Chicago
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: GES0000E3