Certified Weld Inspector
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chicago, IL 60603
Patrick Engineering is a nationwide engineering and design, construction management services, and technology firm. Since 1979, we have been providing services to local, state, and federal government agencies, private and public utilities, and Fortune 500 companies.
We offer excellent benefits, compensation programs, and career development opportunities. We are always seeking exceptional and talented employees who are passionate about their craft and the solutions we provide to our clients.
We have the following position available:
Certified Weld InspectorThe CWI is responsible for the oversight and inspection of weld activities as requested.
- The CWI will evaluate if proper materials and procedures are used by others to properly make welds in the field or in the shop
- Confirm compliance with industry and company weld specifications
- The CWI will be familiar with, knowledgeable of, and enforce NDE procedures, codes and standards
- Review company weld procedures prior to implementation in the field
- Verify welding personnel are qualified in the weld practices being performed
- Prepare a register and reports of: Welding personnel and Equipment qualification
- Inspect welds and approve they meet company specifications
- Monitor and verify weld repairs are tracked and conducted in an approved manner
- Communicate all anomalies to their Supervisor
- Review and Approve/Disapprove all Weld Daily Reports and forward to their Supervisor
- Must be local to Chicagoland/Northwest Indiana area
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) is REQUIRED
- Familiar with API 1104. (American Petroleum Institute Standard for Welding of Pipeline and Related Facilities)
- Previous related welding inspection experience
- Ability to write well for preparation of written reports
- Well versed in creating and manipulating electronic word processing and spreadsheets.
- Well organized
- Ability to work independently, self-starting, self-directed
- Ability to recognize problems and address them in an expedited manner. Comfortable with “difficult” conversations with contractors
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of Patrick Engineering Inc. (“Patrick”) to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy) national origin, age, disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, genetics military status, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans (veterans who served during a war or in a campaign or expedition for which a badge has been authorized,), and Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.